Today is the official release of Daft Punk’s Alive 2007 album. I’ve been listening to this on my iPod for the last week and half since iTunes’ early release. Hands down, this album elicits the pure joy that is music and is by far my favorite iTunes purchase to date. The setlist on Alive 2007 runs the gamut of each of Daft Punk’s albums and is a glorious mix of the sound board dump and the roaring churning crowd of the Alive 2007 concert scene. Even though the album in portable format is only half of the experience, it still retains the electronic soul that is Daft Punk.
- Robot Rock / Oh Yeah
- Touch It / Technologic
- Television Rules the Nation / Crescendolls
- Too Long / Steam Machine
- Around the World / Harder Better Faster Stronger
- Burnin’ / Too Long
- Face to Face / Short Circuit
- One More Time / Aerodynamic
- Aerodynamic Beats / Gabrielle , Forget About the World
- Prime Time of Your Life / Brainwasher /Rollin ‘and Scratchin’ / Alive
- Da Funk / Dadftendirekt
- Superheroes / Human After All / Rock’n Roll
- Human / Together / One More Time / Music Sounds Better With You / Stardust (Instrumental)
Verdict: Very Yes.
I may be a bit skewed seeing as how this was Judy’s and my very first concert ever, but I think this has to be the best musical experience… ever. Yeah, this single show probably ruined all others for life. If you snag this album, make sure to get the deluxe version with the book (iTunes has it digitally); if you listen carefully, you can hear Andrew, Judy, and Me cheering like robot mongols at the city gates.